Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Halo Reach in 1/6 update 07/28/2010

quick update on the bucket - minor setback last night. the two vents on the side of the helmet broke off. Basically, I didn't mix the resin correctly so it didn't set/dry throughout. In my attempt to remove it, the two 'panel' pieces came loose and eventually fell off. The rest of the helmet is OK though. (phew)
So now, I am going to cast the piece in casting plaster and continue to work on it. This should give me a more solid base for which to work on without spending much for a resin cast.

then it's off to the races!

-iz

1 comment:

  1. good to hear you can save it! i had a similar issue with my 1:1 sculpting project. i only got clay at the art supplies store (thngs like sculpey are unheared of here) and i made the perfect replica of kai's helmet plate! left it to harden and the next day it had cracked and split and deformed! i did my best to save it, and still am trying. even if i manage to rescue it it won't be perfect anymore (certain thicknesses and proportions will be off. by alot.)
    i guess art is trial and error, and a crapload of reparing!

    ReplyDelete